FWM at a Glance
It is our mission to balance challenging academics with a nurturing environment propelling each individual’s infinite curiosity into a student’s pursuit of discovery and imagination, encouraging moral and social responsibility and fostering compassionate, self-confident, joyful citizens of the world.
- Founded in 1968 as the Newtown Montessori School in Newtown, CT
- Non profit co-educational Montessori school
- 200 Students from 18 months through 8th grade
- Student teacher ratio 12:1 (Toddler 5:1)
- A modern 42,000 sq.ft. gallery like setting that includes a Zen Garden, gymnasium and nature trails situated on an 8 acre campus
- Serving 20 area towns, 50% of student body from Newtown, CT
- Diverse student body
- Faculty & staff: 34 full and part-time
- 27% of families receive some sort of tuition assistance
- Extended hours of operation 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Accredited by Connecticut Association of Independent School (CAIS)