All parents of children attending FWM are members of the Parent Association (PA). Our goal is to promote family involvement in the fabric of the school enriching each child's education and each family's experience. We host many events throughout the year that are geared to create partnership, parent involvement, and provide support for parents in their vital roles. We encourage families to embrace the FWM community by participating in school activities and contributing their time and talents in any area that suits their interests.
The PA holds monthly meetings and runs a diverse set of committees such as Teacher Appreciation, Book Fair and Auction to name a few.
Volunteering is an important part of school community and an ideal way to get to know other families. Each family is expected to volunteer at least 10 hours each year. Some families are unable to commit to the time requirements and choose to pay the Opt Out Fee (OOF) of $20 per hour or $200.
Parent Association (PA) Mission Statement
The Fraser Woods Montessori School Parent Association (PA) is a volunteer organization that:
- Facilitates communication among and between families and the school, and serves as a liaison between community and school.
- Presents forums for parents to engage in lifelong learning, one of Fraser Woods' core values.
- Fundraises in tandem with the Development Committee of the Board, for the enrichment of our children's school experience and help meet the needs of the school.
- Plans social and cultural events to enrich community life.
- Offers many opportunities for parents to volunteer in all appropriate aspects of school life.
- Provides an overarching organization for class parents, facilitating their cohesion and efficacy.