Nurturing and developing a student’s natural curiosity and imagination for lifelong learning. Our graduates are joyful citizens of the world who standout as poised, responsible leaders.
An exciting and nurturing environment fosters your child’s lifelong love of learning during a time when school is not in session. Hands-on activities, science experiments, creative arts, drama and working outside help challenge children to grow in the Montessori tradition.
Fraser Woods Montessori School summer program is divided into weekly sessions, and participation in any one week or every week is welcomed. Children who attend full day programming will need to bring a bagged lunch, no nut products please! Before and after care is also available. The younger program serves children 3-6 years, and activities are offered for those 7-12 years. Middle School students are invited to apply for Junior Instructor positions, helping with the younger children. All students will be enrolled in a first come, first serve basis.
Ten weeks of programming will be offered from June 17th through August 23th. For more information please call the school at (203) 426-3390 ext.305 or contact us.
Summer Program Teasers:
- Week 1 Dancing Among the Daisies - A chance to tiptoe through the tulips and frolic among thlowers as we explore the flora and fauna of the great outdoors.
- Week 2 Under The Sea - Splash in the water, flip with the fishes and build your own outdoor water park!
- Week 3 Llamas in Pajamas - The funniest collection of animals ever to pass through the play yard!
- Week 4 Parades in the Pines - Explore the outside to see who lurks about. Will you find creepy crawlies, soft and fluffies or the tiniest little fairy folk ever imagined?
- Week 5 Dinosaurus More-Us! - Dig deep and wide to find the creatures of millennium past.
- Week 6 Going Down The Rabbit Hole- Alice knew the importance of storytelling and rabbits.
- Week 7 Summer Chef Surprise! - Discover the amazing treats we can make out of the very fruits and veggies all around us!
- Week 8 Waterscapades - Water takes many forms and does many amazing things in addition to keeping us cool in summer!
- Week 9 Henny Penny and Other Critter Tails! - Have a delightful time exploring our favorite stories and trying out the critters' favorite pastimes.
- Week 10 Clay Works - Moosh, squoosh, and squish a dish!
2013 Program cost and hours:
- Full Day 8:30-3:00 $325/week
- Half Day 8:30 – 11:30 $200/week
- Before 8:00-8:30 $30/week
- After 3:00 – 4:00 $15/day
- Late Gate 3:00-5:00 $30/day
Extra Hour 7:00am-8:00am or 5:00pm–6:00pm $15/day each
(prior sign up required)
Additional 2013 Information:
- 10% Discount for registering for 6 weeks or more – Full Day program only
- Registration will begin April 15th. Spaces will be available on a first come, first serve basis.
- March Break program information